Tuesday, May 27, 2014

So excited about all the pretty flowers - until my time table changed

I come home, all in love with the plants I'm growing...



Work was stimulating today - but not exhausting. Walked the dogs, made dinner, even a beverage as the sun set while I picked flowers for the dinner table.  That was really nice. 



I should know better when things feel really nice - because that is exactly when I saw the rabbit with one eye BULGING out of its eye socket..  The sort of stuff that is fairly typical in my bad dreams, but it sneaking into my day was not on the order of awesome like it was going.  It bothered me so much I had to look it up - so I'm guessing it is Exophthalmos  - which is probably the scariest thing I've ever seen - and could not find any images on the web to do it justice - but I thought the MRI here of the rabbit with said disease  - just so you have an idea of what it looks like  - not on a cute bunny face which is extra scary - this was the least disturbing images I could find:



The kiln is stuck at 360 some degrees fahrenheit and I can't get it to cool faster without all the tiles breaking in half... at the same time, if the kiln isn't loaded by tomorrow morning.. we fall way far behind. 

So I started the evening with 4 tiles glazed, and now - here are all of these.  I'm itchy, sweaty, cranky, and have the rest of the work for the evening to do......

Regardless - I really love making work again for the first time in a long time.  Even though it is commissioned work and it is glazing, which is never consistent, reliable, or even fairly predictable given my luck with firing... I love this.  But not the heat.  I really hate the heat.

Anyway, I feel terrible I didn't get to connect with the kid I coach, because she makes amazing things and keeps me on my toes.  another i.o.u to the universe while i hope it plays nice and lets me stay on track with timing....










No comments:

Post a Comment